Sunday, April 09, 2006

Boca "chicken" wings and bbq sauce


My mouth is totally burning up right now. (That's a good thing in my book.) I got these fake chicken wings on a whim the last time I went shopping. Normally, I'm not a huge fan of food that is pretending to be meat, but Boca has earned a bit of brand loyalty from me - their burgers and bratwurst are actually yummy, rather than tasting like dust, or too much like meat, which grosses me out. So the chicken wings are flavorful and a little crunchy without being dry or greasy, but best and most surprisingly of all, they are actually spicy. The box says hot and spicy, which on most products just means barely approaching mild and forget about medium, but here is true. To add to the heat, Bill whipped up this great bbq sauce:

1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup molasses
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon garlic
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon Tabasco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home